Are you dating a new gentleman and trying to figure out how to keep him interested enough to pursue a relationship with you? Or, have you two been dating a while and need to revive the spark that brought you together in the first place? It can be difficult to keep a relationship fresh and exciting and sometimes it can be just as hard to get a new love interest to the point of actually being in a relationship. If you find that you and your sweetie are drifting apart, read through the tips below to get some ideas of ways to keep a man.
7 Ways to Keep a Man
The relationships that endure have several things in common:
- Don’t criticize him. So often, women approach a relationship with the idea that they can change the things they don’t like about their man. Trying to change a man is the #1 mistake that women make regarding men, though. Criticism will drive him nuts and drive him away, so accept him for who he is! If you can’t, then you need to find someone with whom you are more compatible.
- Really listen to him (and listen with respect). We all want to be heard and we don’t want people to tell us that our feelings aren’t valid or that we “shouldn’t feel that way.” Men have the same desires as women when it comes to be able to trust their partner enough to truly be able to share their innermost thoughts.
- Appreciate him and let him know it! How does he make you happy? What about the chivalrous little things he does for you that show he cares? Tell him! Too often, women spend their time trying to “correct” a man’s behavior or clothing (see #1 above). You wouldn’t want to hear about all the things you are doing “wrong” all the time and neither does your man. He wants to know that he makes a positive difference in your life! Thank him when he does something nice or helpful for you and let him know that it makes you happy to be with him.
- Flirt a little! Tiny touches of his hand or shoulder or lightly brushing up against him as you walk together are subtle ways to show your attraction. Men want to be the pursuer, but they also want to know you are interested. But, that being said, don’t be too clingy!
- Be interesting. Yes, you can vent a little about your bad day or your idiotic boss, but these things shouldn’t be your only topic of conversation. If you start to see his eyes glaze over, it’s time to change the subject. Talk about what’s on your bucket list, where you would like to travel or your hobbies, and engage his interest.
- Be honest and be yourself. It doesn’t bode well for a relationship if you start out telling him things that aren’t true. We know you want to impress him, especially when you first meet, but sooner or later those little white lies will come back to haunt you.
- Make him miss you. Don’t be available 24/7 and don’t jump at his every beck and call. Have a life of your own, one that doesn’t focus solely on him and he will find you all the more interesting and exciting!
It may sound like we have over-simplified the idea of how to keep him interested, but the truth is that doing these things can keep him attracted to you and make you seem irresistible. By maintaining a little mystery and pushing the right buttons, you’ll keep your relationship fresh and exciting!
We Can Help!
The elite matchmakers at Elegant Introductions will not only find your perfect match, they even offer life/date coaching to ensure you’ll know how to keep him interested! For more information, call Elegant Introductions in South Florida at 305-615-1900 or contact us today.